When things go wrong and you are involved in an unexpected accident, disaster or other loss that is covered by your insurance policy, you can make a claim and contact us immediately to notify us.
We try to make the claims process as smooth as possible, but the policyholder must go through a few steps in the claims process. The first thing you must do is contact us as soon as practical after the event happens. You can make your claim progress much more smoothly if you take an organised, step-by-step approach. The following guidelines will help you to make sure that you don’t overlook any of the important steps in the process.
The following documents are required in the event of a motor insurance claim:
- A claim form will be provided by Jatco upon request. This is to be completed, signed and dated. The original copy is to be sent to Jatco;
- A copy of the driver’s driving licence (front and back);
- The Warden Report number or Police Report, and/or the completed Front to Rear Form which is to be filled in at accident site;
- Once the driver at fault is established – the excess has to be paid immediately in order to be able to open a claim.
General (Personal & Business) Claims
General insurance claims vary in nature and different documentation is required depending on the claim in question. However, an indication of documents required is listed hereunder:
- Claim form;
- Quotations, invoices & fiscal receipts;
- Photos of damaged items;
- Police report (where applicable);
- Technician’s or engineer’s report;
- Injury forms & Doctors reports.