DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
By means of this Data Protection Notice we Jatco Insurance Brokers PCC Ltd, would like to provide you with information as to how and why we process your personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act, 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
We process your personal data as may be necessary in order to provide you with the particular insurance product or service that you request of us and to administer the same. We process such data for the purpose of providing you with quotations, underwriting, risk assessment, claims handling and any other purpose for which we may be obliged or authorized to process such data by or under any law, statutory and/or contractual requirement, including that of preventing, detecting or suppressing insurance fraud. For these same purposes, we may need to transfer your personal data to third parties including but not limited to service providers (insurance companies and agents), surveyors, repairers, loss adjusters, investigators, credit reference agencies, bank and insurance associations. Such third parties may be local or foreign, and may form part of an international organisation or a group of companies. Personal data may also be obtained from other sources including but not limited to insurance companies’ systems, the Electoral Register, and the Transport Malta system.
We remind you that you are required to provide personal data since failure to provide such data may result in not being able to provide a suitable insurance product or service. Furthermore, you are requested to notify us immediately if there is any material change in risk or change in any other personal information provided, to ensure that information held by us is accurate at all times.
We also remind you of your rights in line with data protection laws and regulations, which are as follows:
- Right to information, on the type of data requested, the reasons for and how we process your personal data.
- Right of access, which is your right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed, where and for what purpose. Furthermore, upon your request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal data, free of charge, in a structured, commonly used, electronic and machine-readable format, to ensure data transparency and data portability. We acknowledge that you have the right to transmit this data to any other party.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data and to direct marketing.
- Right of rectification/ correction of the personal data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten, that is your right to have your personal data erased, no longer processed, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data where the personal data is no longer relevant to the purposes for which the information was originally collected and processed. You can withdraw your consent or object to the processing of personal data concerning you, or where the processing of your personal data does not comply with the GDPR. At the same time, we remind you of our requirements, in terms of the Companies Act (Cap. 486) and the General Data Protection Guidelines – Guidelines for the Promotion of Good Practice – Insurance Business Sector to retain your personal data for a minimum period of ten (10) years following the lapse/ cancellation of your insurance product/ service. Your data shall be stored/ archived securely in line with GDPR requirements. Hence, erasure of personal data may be requested following this time-frame.
- Right to withdraw consent, to processing your personal data.
- Right to restrict, the processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability, that is your right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used machine-readable format, and to request to have the data transferred to any other parties.
- Right to object to automated decision-making, including profiling which is the processing of personal data for the purpose of evaluating personal aspects in order to make predictions about you based on a series of statistical deductions.
Any such requests must be sent to us in writing and signed by you as the data subject.
You may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner, Floor 2, Airways House, Triq Il – Kbira, Sliema SLM 1549 Malta, if you are not satisfied with our data protection processes.
By using our services you consent to us processing your personal data for the purposes as described in this Notice, unless you otherwise inform us in writing. Kindly note this Data Protection Notice can also be downloaded from our company website www.jatcoinsurance.com.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.