- Whilst the online experience usually proves more pleasant than the phone, most brokers offer an online service, and are far more pro-active after they receive the initial quote request from the consumer, often answering queries by personal email or call and helping to reassure customers with a human service.
- Furthermore, most direct services completely fall down when queries or changes are required that are less common, particularly later in the policy life cycle.
- Brokers really shine through here.
- Insurers often fall back to large call centers whose staff have little or no real insurance knowledge. In this areas brokers are more efficient, making suggestions consumers find highly useful, saving them lots of time.
- On balance, the speed at which quotes are produced by the direct services is not significant to consumers when compared to the speed and efficiency with which brokers generally manage policies throughout the policy life cycle.
PEACE OF MIND
- Brokers are largely far more efficient at cross checking policies than consumers, and also very good at educating customers, explaining what types of cover are available and answering queries.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
- Brokers, being far better equipped to deal with specific insurance questions and used to a human discussion, give people a stronger feeling that they are in safe hands.
- Contrary to popular consumer belief, broker pricing can actually be better than direct insurance pricing.
- Brokers are professionally trained to choose the right policy for their customers, and not to under insure, therefore avoiding unnecessary claims while maintaining the correct premium income.
Trust your broker, let him shop for you, and you will likely reap dividend, whilst living an easy life!